Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Confession

So I realized this morning that I completely and totally forgot about the Mommy Challenge! Not a good way to start out trying to be closer to my kids...but that's okay because I can just start today. Isn't that what's great about parenting...? You can commit each and every day to be a better parent. If you feel like you failed today, that's okay. You aren't going to be perfect. There are going to be days where things go awry. There's going to be those days where everything is going fine and BAM! your kid falls and you're at the hospital, you realize that you forgot to pack a veggie in his lunch, or maybe you didn't get all of the dirt from under his fingernails. That's ok. Big or small, you're going to find little things that you wish you did better. I know that my sons know that I love them and I try my best every day to show that.
So, yeah, I forgot the Mommy Challenge. That's okay beause today is the 10th and today's focus is joy. I am going to find joy in everything I do with my kids today. We don't have any play dates planned, we don't have to go to the store, and it's a rainy, blah day. This sounds like a great day to curl up and watch a movie or pull out a board game and try to teach my 5-year-old how to play. The definition of joy is the feeling of great pleasure or happiness. It doesn't take a lot more my guys to find happiness and I don't have to go all out trying to do help them achieve that. Just spending a little time with them today will do that. I can't wait for school to get out. In the meantime, Emmett is taking a nap. I'm going to find a little of my own joy by finishing up my blog post, reading some other's blogs, and maybe finishing watching last night's episode of Castle that I DVRed. Joy has to come from wherever you can find it when you're a parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment